We’ve all experienced a burst geyser at some point in our home or office. If your geyser is not managed properly, you could be running up your electricity bill and wasting precious water.
Depending on where your geyser is situated (and it bursts) it could land up destroying your building and furniture. EcoCore Plumbing recommends you get your plumber to check on it every now and then to make sure you don’t experience this unfortunate episode.
EcoCore Plumbing is available 24 hours to help you in the unfortunate event your geyser does burst. We will help you restore everything to normality as quick as possible.
Does your geyser comply with these by-laws?
Did you know that the South African National Standard (SANS) 10254 states that every geyser installed after June 2001 should comply with the following by-laws?
- Every geyser must have a drip tray underneath and overflow pipes leading to the outside of the building.
- Geysers with no safety valves and safety valve overflows must not be interconnected.
- The safety valve overflows must be metallic.
- There must be vacuum breakers on the hot and cold water pipes 300mm above the geyser.
If you are unsure if your geyser complies with the above laws, then give us a call at EcoCore Plumbing to inspect and advise.
EcoCore Plumbing can upgrade your geyser to ensure the safety of your home or office and will also provide a free on-site quotation.
Did you know the energy contained with an overhead geyser can be the equivalent of half a kilogram of TNT dynamite!
If your geyser bursts, it could also pose electrical and water damage to yourself and your family. For example; if your geyser is located in your ceiling, or above your bath – you need to ensure they are safely installed and you are protected in the unfortunate episode of your geyser bursting.
Make sure you get your geyser checked out regularly by our knowledgeable plumbing staff at EcoCore Plumbing. We are available 24 hours a day.
Geyser Safety Tips:
Our knowledgeable staff at EcoCore Plumbing have many years of experience working with geysers. We have serviced clients in all areas of Cape Town.
We have produced these tips to help you ensure your geyser is safe:
- Ensure your thermostat is not set to or over 70°C. This is because if the safety or pressure valves fail; the pressure can build to the point where the tank ruptures.
- Ensure your geyser is installed correctly by a reputable geyser installation company. An incorrect installation can be very dangerous.
- Switch off your geyser when you are away. If you are going away for a long period of time, switch off your geyser at the distribution board and isolate the water supply feeding the tank. This will also cut your electricity bill.
If you are unsure, or need advice with regards to geyser safety – give EcoCore Plumbers a call. We will be only too happy to provide you with advice and assistance.